Thursday, July 3, 2014

Curried Zucchini Soup

This is a quick easy soup to throw together if you have some zucchini that needs to be used. The soup calls for garam masala (an Indian spice blend) which I have on hand but it's totally optional. I find that soups like this are best served in mugs to sip. I like to put my soup in a favorite cup, hand painted especially for me by a dear friend.

2 t olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 medium zucchini, sliced into half moons
1 T grated fresh ginger
1 t curry powder
1/2 t garam masala (optional)
3 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup non-fat yogurt

In a deep saucepan, sauté the onion in the olive oil about 4 minutes, add the garlic and cook for about a minute. Add zucchini, ginger, curry and garam masala. Sauté for another three minutes. Add the broth, cover and simmer 15 minutes until vegetables are tender. Purée soup with hand blender. Whisk in yogurt before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment